Monday, August 20, 2012

A Prayer to Macha for Safety

I have been speaking to a few other Pagans about what type of magical practices we do to keep or make ourselves feel safe, which reminded me of this prayer that I came up with a few years back for this very reason.

The prayer is to the Irish Goddess Macha, who among other things is a sovereignty Goddess. Feel free to use it yourself and change it as you wish. As well, I would love to further this discussion, so also feel free to share any practices or prayers that you like to use to stay safe.

If I Should Face Danger...
May I have the forewarning of a prophetess,
May I be fleet-footed as the swiftest mare,
May I be fearsome as a battle fury,
May I trick my enemies as the cleverest crow.
Whosoever shall try to harm me or
Invade my sovereignty,
May they know the justice of
My Dark Lady
For nine ages.

*********

Sláinte!

Laurel

3 comments:

  1. Love this prayer. As I get older, I am drawn more to the stronger, darker goddesses.

    Early on, however, Brigid was the goddess I focused on. While I love the "Descent of Brigid," it is a bit cumbersome to remember and use. So I created at simplified version to use as a chant whenever I felt in need of protection:

    Brigid before me,
    Brigid beside me,
    Brigid behind me.
    I am in the shielding
    of good Brigid each day
    and each night.

    Of course, if I'm at home, I will also grab a protective stone to carry or create a mojo bag for the purpose. And projecting energy out as a protective shield, when it the situation calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you folks like it. :)

    Thank you for sharing your prayer too, partingthemists!

    ReplyDelete